Monday, October 12, 2015

Days come gently, softly touching us as the darkness of night  unwraps its grasp and reveals once more the treasure of light. Memories of sitting by a fire all night and witnessing the beauty of the birth of a new day fill me with wonder at the gifts I am given continually without having to do anything to receive them.

 Being human on this planet gives me so many opportunities to receive treasures. Just the other day I was gifted a wonderful walk in the rain with my daughter and grandson. We did not have to buy a ticket for this "walk in the rain", nor did we plan ahead to experience this gift. We just walked to our destination together and the gift came right on time! The conversation while walking back home in the sudden rain was priceless. "Do you know Nonna if you were thirsty and didn't have a water bottle and it was raining like this you could just open your mouth and drink all the water you want until you were not thirsty anymore?"   Seven year old wisdom comes from an uncomplicated place. It just appears naturally out of observing and noticing. Moments like this are the diamonds of life dropped into the pockets in our hearts on a chance walk on a rainy day. Oh! the treasure we can mine in life when we begin to become a bit less complicated.

I am noticing how sweet it feels to simplify, observe and be grateful for the small things in my life. It is a practice I have not fully graduated into embracing in every moment, and yet one that I love  welcoming to be at the forefront. I am changing my stories about the problems and burdens of life. In the midst of whatever my mind brings to chew on there are also treasures to receive. and I am delighted to be present more often to say Yes to these gifts. My heart feels lighter remembering that darkness is always followed by the light!

Blessings and simple treasures to you,

Bobbe

No comments:

Post a Comment