Saturday, September 5, 2015

The humbleness of service is something I am noticing and learning to cultivate more clearly in my life. Truly to be in a place of service the ego has to be tamed into the second position and the Heart promoted to First Chair. Being the cultivated, domesticated human being I am, this is not how I was taught to go through my life and succeed. Rather I was encouraged to learn vast amounts of knowledge, realize how to set goals and make sure I learn from my mistakes and don't make too many of them. Perfection was the encouraged model on my path. Not that knowledge, learning and success are the main problem. Who is the leader on this journey, the heart or the ego- mind.

The ego-mind wants to make sure I always get the prize! The heart is more willing to discover, enjoy and reach true understanding. Therefore when the heart is in the lead with an ego that has been tamed, service to all, including myself, can be realized.

How do you tame an ego? By shining the light of truth on our thoughts and beliefs. There are many ways. The Work of Byron Katie is a great tool, meditation, inquiry, sitting outside in nature observing and quieting the mind. We cannot stop the mind or kill the ego, rather it can be held lovingly by the quietness of truth and gently told a different way to approach life with investigation from the heart. Feeling and acknowledging our emotions from this different place allows new ways to embrace all the parts of us. When we truly love and embrace who we are, service is the natural consequence that follows.  We are all connected by Love, we just forget this truth, until we begin to remember. It is a process that takes patience, care and compassion for ourselves and the others in our lives.
The best part is the balance, expression and creativity that bloom like beautiful flowers from within,  as we find our way!
Blessings,
Bobbe

No comments:

Post a Comment